Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Winter Wonderland

Our first significant snow of the season. We had 7.5 inches, but as the temps have climbed over night, I think we have only two or three inches left on the ground. I am waiting for daylight to appear to see the damage in our backyard. I heard a lot of snapping and falling limbs last night. Our power kept going off and on most of the evening. That snow was some heavy stuff. Just about five miles from our house there was a different story. They had three or four more inches of snow than us which led to two semi's jack knifing and blocking the ramps of our two major bypasses. I hear that it created a major traffic tie up. Cars off the roads, stranded motorists, power lines down. I'm just happy that the temps have warmed up and this stuff will be out of here!!! It's pretty to look at....as long as I'm not driving in it. That's Indiana weather for you. You can experience a number of seasons in one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment