Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Highlights of my walk




Yesterday as I took a stroll over the property, these are the things that popped out.  Bees....elderberries....and hay.  Finally, I saw several bees in action.  Yeah!  I noticed that the elderberries will be ripening soon.  Last year was the first year that I harvested  elderberries.  I made elderberry jelly....yummy!   The downside of making the jelly, was cleaning the berries.  They are so small that it took forever to get them off the stems.     The last picture is of hay.  The farmers around us have been baling hay all week.  There's nothing like the sweet smell of freshly cut hay in the early morning or late evening.  I think it's one of my favorite scents of summer.  Well, it's back to work I go today.  Playcation was healing.  I feel refreshed and energized to start a new day.  Wishing you all many blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment