Monday, August 8, 2011

Fresh From the Garden

I gathered some goodies from the garden this weekend. I'm disheartened because the garden has had an "off" year. I usually have a lot more produce than what I have had this summer. On a brighter note, I do have a lot of beautiful turnips. I've never been a big fan of turnips, but this year since I've been eating healthy, I decided to grow a little bit of everything. I'm looking for good turnip recipes. If you know of any, please e-mail me. I will post them on the blog. I also noticed that the elderberries are just about ready to be picked. I will have to keep my eye on them for the next few days. I love elderberry jelly. I am having great results with the gourds I planted. I think it's from the heat we've had that's made them flourish.



No comments:

Post a Comment