Monday, July 18, 2011

A Trip to the Blueberry Farm


My hubby and I stopped by a blueberry farm over the weekend.  We arrived an hour before they closed, so we did some speedy picking.  We ended up with 5 gallons.  Yummy!  Every year I plant two or three bushes in our back yard.  I can't wait until they start producing.  They say the blueberries are having an "off" season this year.  I just love blueberries.  They are one of the best fruits you can eat.  High in anti-oxidants like Anthocyanin, vitamin C, B complex, E, A, copper, selenium, zinc, and iron. They neutralize free radicals which can effect disease and aging.  They aid in reducing belly fat, help promote urinary tract health, preserve our vision, great brain food, helps improve our memory, are great for heart health, constipation, digestion, depression and they are disease and cancer fighters.  Pretty powerful little guys, huh?  Last year I was into baking blueberry cobblers, cheesecake, and pie.  This year with my new eating habits, I have been looking for healthy blueberry recipes.  If anyone has any please feel free to e-mail me.  I will post them on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment